The CONCRETE SURFACES Decorative Pavilion Awards
Now in its second year, the CONCRETE SURFACES Decorative Pavilion Awards recognize the art, craftsmanship and industry education that occurs in the exhibits in the CONCRETE SURFACES Decorative Pavilion.
All exhibitors are automatically entered into the awards program. There is no entry fee involved. However, exhibitors wishing to have their booth demos publicized in the editorial promotion for the event — both before and during the show — must fill out a brief form available through the World of Concrete. Click here
to download the entry form.
All exhibitors with a booth in the CONCRETE SURFACES Decorative Pavilion are eligible to win “Attendees’ Choice” and/or “Experts’ Choice” awards in one of three categories:
• Best flatwork
• Best vertical work
• Best specialty work (countertops, furniture, etc.)
The exhibitor receiving the most combined attendee and expert votes, regardless of category, will also be named “Best in Show.”
Ballots for the Attendees’ Choice Awards will be available in the CONCRETE SURFACES Decorative Pavilion. The Expert Judges will be asked to judge each project based on craftsmanship, originality, and technical expertise.
A few details:
• The Awards will highlight the best decorative concrete work being done in the Pavilion booths.
• Exhibitors must make their own arrangements for concrete and utilities.
• Each exhibitor who completed a demo description form for the CONCRETE SURFACES Decorative Pavilion Awards will be listed in the editorial promotion for the event both before and during the show.
• A short version of the descriptions will be published in the WOC Preshow Planner and in the January issue of CONCRETE SURFACES. To allow accurate descriptions of the work, each exhibitor in the CONCRETE SURFACES Decorative Pavilion must provide 250 words to describe what they are doing, the artists who will be doing the work, and what materials/equipment they will use.
• WOC Daily News will track the event and report on the current vote totals both in print and via the online e-newsletter and social media.
• Video will be shot of all CONCRETE SURFACES Decorative Pavilion Awards entries and will include an interview with the artisan who will describe what was done and how; this will be available after the show in a special digital edition of CONCRETE SURFACES.
• The work will be photographed and will appear in the print pages of CONCRETE CONSTRUCTION’S April issue, on www.ConcreteConstruction.net and www.ConcreteSurfacesMag.com, and in the special digital edition of CONCRETE SURFACES.
• The exhibitor chosen as “Best in Show” will receive a free 10x10-foot booth (or equivalent) for the 2015 World of Concrete.