The seminar is aimed at helping inspectors, testing technicians, engineers and building officials identify and verify key quality assurance items on the jobsite. The seminar uses the International Building Code (IBC) and the MSJC (TMS 402/ACI 530/ASCE 5 & TMS 602/ACI 530.1/ASCE 6) as the primary references and it overviews related ASTM standards and inspection guides.
Attendees will learn code inspection requirements, proper placement of materials, mortar and grout, how to determine the compressive strength of masonry, and appropriate severe weather procedures. This is an excellent seminar for those preparing for the ICC/TMS Structural Masonry Special Inspectors Certification Examination.
Topics covered will include:
• Basic terms, inspection duties and responsibilities
• Masonry material requirements including CMU, brick, mortar, reinforcement, connectors and grout
• Mortar mixing
• Basic construction including unit placement and tolerances
• Reinforcement placement
• Testing of units, grout and prisms
• Hot and cold weather construction
Presented by The Masonry Society.
Fee: $390; $480 after 12/2/13 and onsite. Registration includes a comprehensive set of handouts ($150 value) and light refreshments. Lunch is not included.
Questions about this program should be directed to Susan Scheurer with TMS. Ph: 303-939-9700
Event Type: Industry Training > Session