Self-Consolidating Concrete Presentation & Forum
• SCC Project Forum: "How Contractors Build with SCC"
The editors of CONCRETE CONSTRUCTION will host The SCC Project Forum – How Contractors Build with SCC at the 2014 World of Concrete at the Las Vegas Convention Center on Monday, January 20, 2014 from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
The Forum will provide a peer to peer environment during which contractors will share experiences on using SCC. Presentation will include projects from around the country.
Our editors will work with the Strategic Development Council’s organizing group to develop a 3 hour agenda of eight presentations. This invited group of industry experts will provide examples of how contractors have used SCC to increase job site productivity, enhance concrete quality, and meet or exceed job profits.
Following World of Concrete, content from the forum’s presentations will be posted on the Concrete Construction website. Some presentations may be used as supporting information for future articles.
The tentative presentation line-up includes:
• How SCC Performance Characteristics Aid Concrete Construction
Rich Szescy, PhD, PE is the president of Texas Aggregates and Concrete Association.
• Why Contractors are benefitting from the new SCC Form Pressure Guidelines
Dr. Kamal Khayat is the Director of the Center for Transportation Infrastructure and Safety and the Center for Infrastructure Engineering Studies.
• Concrete Contractor’s Success Using SCC
Daniel Wayne is Project Manager Wayne Bros.• Using SCC on the Lake Mead Tunnel Project
• Using SCC for Architectural Concrete Across North America; Steven Zimmerman - Principal, Reginal D. Hough Associates
• Utilizing Rheomentry To Design SCC for Tall Slanted Columns; LLoyd Keller is the Director of Quality Assurance and R&D for Ellis Don Group.
Self-Consolidating Concrete Presentation & Forum Fee: $50; $75 after 12/2/13 and onsite
Event Type: Editorial Events, Luncheons & Tours > Session