The purpose of this program is to help standardize moisture testing in the US, producing consistent and accurate test results. Flooring installers, manufacturers, design professionals and owners will be able to efficiently determine when a concrete floor is ready for floor covering.
Certification program is divided into two Tiers:
- TIER1 is comprised of a four-hour educational/review session (WE405) and a one-hour written exam (WECRT). Tier 1 attendees who attend the review seminar and pass the written exam will be issued an ICRI letter of achievement in the area of moisture testing.
- TIER 2, full certification attendees will be required to attend the same educational/review session (WE405) and take the written exam in addition to performing each of the four ASTM field tests under the watchful eye of a qualified judge who will provide no level of coaching.
By passing both the written (WECRT) and performance (THRPE) exams, a Slab Moisture Testing Technician - Grade I, 5-year Certification will be issued by ICRI to the individual.
Four ASTM Standards:
1. Prepare Concrete Floors to Receive Resilient Flooring (ASTM F 710)
2. Measure Moisture Vapor Emission Rate of Concrete Subfloor (ASTM F 1869)
3. Determine Relative Humidity in Concrete Floor Slabs Using in situ Probes (ASTM F2170)
4. Determine Relative Humidity on the Surface of Concrete Floor Slabs Using Relative Humidity Probe Measurement and Insulated Hood (ASTM F2420)
NOTE: Separate registration and fees for each required segment:
1. WE405 4-Hour Preparatory Educational Review: $185; $215 after 12/2/13 and onsite
2. WECRT Written Exam: $240 advance and onsite (attendance at WE405 required)
3. THRPE(1-5) Performance Exam: $425 advance and onsite (attendance at WE405 and WECRT required)
Presented by the International Concrete Repair Institute. For questions contact ICRI at 847.827.0830 or email email@example.com.
Credits: 4.0 hours AIA/CES LU|HSW, PDH
Education Tracks: All Other WOC Education Sessions
Event Type: WOC 4-Hour Certification Seminars > Session
Concrete Floor Consultant at Concrete Constructives
Greene, ME , United States
Peter Craig, FACI, FICRI is an independent concrete floor consultant with the firm Concrete Constructives. Peter has over 41 years experience with specialized aspects of concrete floor construction, maintenance and protection and has conducted over 400 mo …
President at North STarr Concrete Consulting
Dover, NH , United States
Scott Tarr, PE FACI, is a Consulting Engineer and President of North S.Tarr Concrete Consulting, P.C. Over the past 25 years, Scott was a Partner with Concrete Engineering Specialists (CES), a Principal Structural Evaluation Engineer for CTLGroup, and ea …