Decorative polished concrete floors and overlays are changing the course of the decorative concrete industry by allowing interior techniques to seamlessly flow into the exterior. This session will explore the vast industry trends relating to decorative polishing and overlays including overlay selection, proper preparation, mixing, set up stations and job site conditions to avoid. This session will compare different diamond processes that exist in the industry and focus on how these processes affect all floors, including overlays. Attendees will take away from this class how to properly read and compare specifications and the actual use of a facility. This class will bring up maintenance techniques and the after marketing of this aspect of the industry to add this to your current business.
- Compare and contrast specification and job quoting versus jobsite function
- Define proper techniques to evaluate moisture readings, densifier application tips and technique and proper protective treatment application
- Examine diamond tooling selection based on regional hardness and jobsite location, proper machine set up and maintenance of equipment
- Identify different decorative overlays, successful product selection, proper equipment, preparation, pouring techniques
- Troubleshoot common problems and discuss maintenance programs to extend the life of your newly installed concrete floor
Presented by Concrete Polising Association of America
Credits: 3.0 hours AIA/CES LU, PDH, TCA
Education Tracks: Decorative Concrete
Event Type: WOC 3-Hour Seminars > Session
Director of Signature Floors at SASE Company Inc.
Orlando, FL , United States
Joe Reardon, CSI, Director of Signature Floors for SASE Company Inc. , is a 19-year veteran of the concrete flooring industry. Joe has helped install and specify floors in Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Office Depot, Best Buy, Lowe’s and many other venues, large …