NEW FOR 2014 Many factors affect the ability of a masonry wall to resist penetration of water, including design, selection of materials, quality of workmanship, and diligent maintenance. During this presentation, the various factors that affect masonry performance relative to water penetration resistance are reviewed. The “pros” and “cons” of various options are described.
- Describe the various wall types and explain how they resist water penetration (or don’t)
- Explain how mortar joints affect water penetration resistance
- Identify proper flashing and weephole detailing for water control
- Explain volume change movements in masonry and how expansion and control joints accommodate those movements
- Analyze and select coatings for masonry
Credits: 3.0 hours AIA/CES LU|HSW, PDH, MCAA
Education Tracks: Masonry
Event Type: WOC 3-Hour Seminars > Session
President at Rochelle C. Jaffe Consulting, P.C.
Novi, MI , United States
Rochelle Jaffe, Ar, SE, SMI is a licensed Architect, licensed Structural Engineer, Certified Construction Specifier, and Certified Special Inspector of Structural Masonry. Prior to starting her own firm in 2012, Rochelle was employed by NTH Consultants, …