Topic and speaker selection is complete for the 2014 World of Concrete Education Program. To be considered for the 2015 WOC Education Program, read information below and email one submission form per topic.
Dates: February 2 - 6, 2015
Location: Las Vegas Convention Center
Audience: General Building Contractors, Concrete Contractors, Concrete Producers, Masonry Contractors, Decorative Contractors, Architects, Engineers, Designers, Owners, Project Managers
Courses: 90-minute seminars, 3-hour seminars, certification review seminars, and interactive workshops
Deadline: Submit topic proposal and short bio by April 9, 2014
3-Hour Educational Tracks: (target audience = field personnel)
• Concrete Fundamentals
• Decorative Concrete
• Residential Concrete
• Concrete Production
• Floors and Slabs
• Business & Project Management
• Concrete Repair
• Certifications / Examinations
90-Minute Program Topics: (target audience = owners & senior management)
• Estimating & Finance Management – job costing, accounting, estimating strategies, retirement planning, financial reports, mark up and profit, cash flow management, estimating and construction accounting software
• General Business – business “best practices,” sales/marketing, selling skills, client relationships, strategic planning, understanding the competition, customer relations, negotiating skills, web systems, BIM
• Leadership & Management – leadership/management skills, field management, productivity, job leadership, team problem solving, communication skills, cross-cultural management, hiring/firing, contracts, liabilities
• Safety & Risk Management – safety procedures, fall protection, crisis management, insurance, OSHA, investigations
• Technical Updates – concrete application techniques, product & industry trends, design theory/analysis, lessons learned in the field, sustainability, engineering
The WOC Education Advisory Committee will review the proposed topics based on the criteria listed above. Final acceptance will be based on (but not limited to) the course's ability to meet submission criteria, overall quality of submission, program/track specification and industry need. All approved courses will be submitted for continuing education and will therefore require syllabus handouts for attendees. If selected, speaker must be willing to provide supplemental article for Hanley Wood publication(s) or website. Please note that speakers employed by industry vendors must be exhibitors in the show to be considered for a presentation.
Send your completed submission form with short biographical (word docs) by April 9, 2014 to Bonnie King, Senior Education Program Manager, via email email@example.com . If you’ve not presented previously at WOC, please also include your speaker compensation requirements in body of email.
Production Schedule: The education program selections will be confirmed by end of June – all speakers will be notified of decisions via email – speaker confirmation documents are due in July and handout materials are produced October - November.