This seminar presents overview of construction areas in which a tilt-up supervisor is expected to be knowledgeable: safety, plan reading, scheduling, site preparations, foundations, slabs-on-grade, layout, forming, concrete placement and properties, erection and structural systems. These areas of knowledge comprise the essential basis for achieving a status as a Certified Tilt-Up Technician or Supervisor. Work experience, length of certification, certification levels and other program criteria will be discussed. The Tilt-Up Technician/Supervisor workbook, ACI Publication CP50 (07), is the official study guide for written exam and is included with exam THTUS registration fee.
IMPORTANT: Seminar Only attendees should purchase copy of the workbook at the WOC bookstore to serve as the handout for this seminar.
1. Describe the ACI Tilt-Up Technician/Supervisor certification process, responsibilities and terminology
2. Summarize issues of safety, plan reading, site preparation, scheduling, foundations, slabs-on-grade, layout, forming, placement, and erection of tilt-up walls
3. Recognize the factors that affect the properties of concrete including aggregates, colored and special cement, and the hardening process of each
4. Identify various types of portland cement, their mix proportioning, and the significance of water to cement ratio
5. Demonstrate knowledge of basic concrete technology by completing study questions
NOTE: The closed-book, two-hour written exam consisting of 80 multiple-choice questions based on ACI publication CP50 (07) is scheduled 4 pm – 6 pm, immediately following the review seminar. Separate registrations and fees required for 4-hour review TH407 ($185; $215 after 12/2/13) and written exam THTUS ($245).
Presented by the Tilt-Up Concrete Association and the American Concrete Institute. For questions contact the ACI Certification Department at 248.848.3790 or TCA at 319.895.6911.
Credits: 4.0 hours AIA/CES LU|HSW, PDH
Education Tracks: All Other WOC Education Sessions
Event Type: WOC 4-Hour Certification Seminars > Session
President at SiteCast Construction Corporation
Ottawa, ON , Canada
Shawn Hickey, CCS, GSC, President for SiteCast Construction Corporation , is responsible for training field personnel in tilt-up procedures and company day-to-day operations SiteCast Construction, located in Ottawa, Canada, specializes in insulated expose …